- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 package yeast -- 1/4 ounce
- 1 cup chicken broth -- warmed
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preparation & Cooking
oven to 375°.
2. In large bowl combine the whole wheat flour with the yeast. Add
2/3 cup chicken broth and honey and beat for about 3 minutes. Gradually
add the remaining flour. Knead the dough for a few minutes until smooth
and moist, but not wet (use reserve broth as necessary).
3. Cover the dough and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Divide the
dough into about 15-20 pieces, rolling each piece into a smooth ball.
Punch a hole into each ball with your finger or end of spoon and gently
pull the dough so the hole is about an 1/2" wide. Don't be too
fussy here, the little bagels rise into shape when they bake.
4. Place all the bagels on a greased cookie sheet and allow to rise
5 minutes. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the bagels
to cool in the oven.