Dog Food Secrets!
All-Natural Pet Arthritis Formula
Derma-Ionx™ Pet Skin Care
Dia-Ionx™ All-Natural Pet Diabetes Formula
Recipes for Dogs
Recipes for Cats
115 Rover's Reward
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups oatmeal -- uncooked
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves -- chopped, loose packed
- 1 cup parsley sprigs -- chopped, loose packed
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 can beef broth -- (13 3/4 to 14 1/2 ounces)3/4 cup milk
Preparation & Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and 1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees to 115 degrees F.). Let stand until yeast foams, about 5 minutes.
2. In very large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, oats, mint, parsley, and wheat germ. With wooden spoon, stir in yeast mixture, broth, and milk until combined. With hands, knead dough in bowl until blended, about 1 minute.
3. Divide dough in half. Cover 1 piece with plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Place remaining piece of dough on lightly floured surface. With floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. With large (about 5 inches) or small (about 2 inches) cookie cutter, such as bone* or mailman, cut out as many biscuits as possible, reserving trimmings. With spatula, transfer biscuits to large ungreased cookie sheet. Reroll trimmings and cut more biscuits. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. Bake small biscuits 30 minutes, bake large biscuits 40 minutes. Turn oven off; leave biscuits in oven 1 hour to dry out.
5. Remove biscuits from cookie sheet to wire rack. When cool, store at room temperature in tightly covered container up to 3 months.
Yields: about 4 dozen large biscuits or 24 dozen small biscuits Work